• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

ODBC Connection Errors

Started by Peter House, September 12, 2008, 08:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter House

Using the following connect strings:

cn.szConnStr="DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=Thomas\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Lights;User Id=sa;Password=sa;"
      cn.szConnStr="DRIVER={SQL Native Client};Server=Thomas\SQLEXPRESS;Database=Lights;Uid=sa;Pwd=sa;
      cn.szConnStr="DSN=LightsA;

I get the following result in the debug window:

cn.szConnStr        = DSN=LightsA;
Exception unknown, code = &HE06D7363
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Changed database context to 'Lights'.
SQLDriverConnect() Returned SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO!

It seems to be a good connection but the exceptions can't be good.  Does anybody recognize this???

Thanks,

Peter House

Frederick J. Harris

Yes, I get that every time I connect to any SQL Server too.  I asked about it over in the PowerBASIC Forums about a year and a half ago, and was told not to worry about it.  It seems SQL Server maintains something known as a database context, and I don't know anything about that either.  In this case I'd just about consider SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO to be as good as plain old SQL_SUCCESS.  I know this isn't a good answer, but I've gotten used to living with it till I get a better one too!  I've done a lot of SQL Server processing with the _WITH_INFO result and everything works out OK.

Peter House

Thanks for the response and I guess I feel better now and will use it  "as is".  It is not very comforting!

If I find an answer I will post back.

Peter