• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

TypeLIB produces errror @H80029C4a when file open POSLINK.DLL

Started by Douglas Martin, August 10, 2016, 07:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas Martin

When I use TYPELIB to open  POSLINK.DLL I get Error &H80029c4A loading...  See attached screen shot.

I have tried opening the x86 and x64 versions same result.

When I try to register POSLink.DLL I get entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that POSLink.DLL is a valid DLL?

Seems like I had this problem with another DLL and registering it solved the issue. 

I want to call this DLL from a Powerbasic for Windows application.

I tried to attache the DLL,  the forum blocked it.

Doug

José Roca

It looks like it is not a COM server, but a .NET assembly.

Does the POSLink need to be installed for the developer to work with the PAX device? Does the DLL need to be registered? – The POSLink installation process is not mandatory, yoo can just copy the dll file to your project. If theDLL is installed, registration is not normally required. BTW, regsvr32 will not work, all our dll's are based on the .net. , please use this command to register the dll: "regasm poslink.dll".

https://paxfaqs.wordpress.com/integrated-terminals/

Douglas Martin

Is it possible to call a .NET assmble from a pb application?

I used the following code to call a .NET Dll on another occassion.
SUB InitDOTNET
Local vOut As Variant
  If DOTNET_Initialize( "v2.0.50727", "" ) Then
    ghandleRet = DOTNET.CreateObjectByFile( "C:\ProfiTouch\PtPos\Point.dll", "Point", gobject )
    If ghandleRet = 0 Then
       PcChargePacket="DOTNET.CreateObjectByFile C:\ProfiTouch\PtPos\Point.dll was successfull"
       Call WriteServerLog(PcChargePacket,"I")
    Else
       MsgBox "DOTNET.CreateObjectByFile C:\ProfiTouch\PtPos\Point.dll Failed! " & Format$( ghandleRet ) & ", " & Format$( IsObject( gobject ) ) & $CrLf _
            & Variant$( vOut ) & $CrLf     
    End If                                 
  Else
       MsgBox "DOTNET_Initialize Failed! DOTNET Framework 3.5 must be installed."
  End If
End Sub
Doug

Carlo Pagani

Hi Douglas

I think Edwin posted some sample code in PB forum a few years back on doing that.