• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

PowerBasic site!

Started by David Boytor, February 27, 2014, 03:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

José Roca

Where I live, Spring will begin next Sunday :)

Eddy Van Esch

Here, we simply skipped winter this year... Not a single snowflake fell out of the sky this 'winter'....

Gary Scott

José Roca

Benidorm, 20 February 2014  ;D

Edwin Knoppert

Is it me?
The 'catastrophic implosions' at PB inc that caused the servers being down, email not received, products not released and possibly some other third world kinda experiences...

Wouldn't be easier to hire and setup a decent server instead of the old computers running imo truly unnecessary old fashion cgi scripts (16 bit i heard), server down and so on (over the years).
This groups is very unprofessional by using these techniques.
During the email mess they could have produced a backup mail address, they simply don't do those kind of things.
At least you would have provided users with there setups isn't?
I would crawl to a user's house to bring the goods instead of letting the mess grow on and on.

Sigh.. it feels good now we are not watched by mister paranoia, maybe this will improve something.
Gosh, why do i bother.. it was only my main frustration.., until a few years ago.
Poor decisions and such..

Conrad Hoffman

A  bit frustrating on top of everything else. Even though, when it's up and running, the site allows me to log in, I've been unable to post, edit or delete for at least a year, maybe more. I can't imagine what the situation is, or what's going through their minds at this point, because the revenue stream from standard product must be near zero. Just a weekly communication of two sentences would let people know they care. I have to wonder if there's some contract job or other thing going on that's taking all their time and keeping things afloat.

Brice Manuel

Quote from: Conrad Hoffman on June 20, 2014, 08:58:02 PM
A  bit frustrating on top of everything else. Even though, when it's up and running, the site allows me to log in, I've been unable to post, edit or delete for at least a year, maybe more. I can't imagine what the situation is, or what's going through their minds at this point, because the revenue stream from standard product must be near zero. Just a weekly communication of two sentences would let people know they care. I have to wonder if there's some contract job or other thing going on that's taking all their time and keeping things afloat.

It does not speak well for the future of the product, when they can't even manage to get the forums working properly.  But, most of us recognized the product was dead a year or more back.

Christian Damhus

AT the moment, I can't access the forum. Seems to be down. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Eddy Van Esch

Quote from: Christian Damhus on June 20, 2014, 11:55:49 PM
AT the moment, I can't access the forum. Seems to be down. Does anyone else experience this problem?
'the forum' meaning the PB forums?
They are up for me. Check here for yourself: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Patrice Terrier

With the return of the inmate and Gary's self promotion, i took the decision to remove my latest contributions from the PB's forum.

I couldn't see how peoples with limited programming knowledge would be able to succeed, where Bob Zale himself has failed.

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com