• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

News:

Attachments are only available to registered users.
Please register using your full, real name.

Main Menu

PowerBasic back online (25.07.2013)

Started by Sam Jackson, July 25, 2013, 04:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Jackson

PowerBasic is back up.

[Modified Header, added Date, TG]

John Spikowski

It may be worth doing a static mirror of the PowerBASIC site as insurance to safeguard all the code contributions made over the years.

Theo Gottwald

John, we have one. Lets say Gary has one. We'll loose nothing.
Also there is a second sollution from Borje, but i do not know if it is up-to-date.
I'd say that it contains the old PB Forum at least.
And YES you are right, the multiple contributions from so many people should be preserved.

Besides that i just read this in the PB Forum:

Jim writes:
QuoteOur website was only supposed to be down for no more than 2 hours last Saturday.

Major issues with our new ISP ensued, and they did not have us on priority, especially through the weekend.

It took me to go to their main HQ - big trip - to get actions finished.

Our phones are up, website normalized, and with that the last action is to get our mail server (for the forums, feedback, etc...) completed.

I do regretfully apologize for any inconvenience, and will next time have the foresight to post at least a week in advance for any changes or service to be made.

There has been a lot of discussion on other fora regarding PB. We have moved into a larger area, and have acquired more personnel for DOC building, tech support, and marketing.

Rest assured that PB is not going away, BETA forums will be restarted for a few new projects that are top secret .

If there are any other questions, please email me at jim@powerbasic.com

There is no planned scheduling of server maintenance that may leave the site down for more than 5 minutes in the future.

Thank all of you for your loyalty in PB and with our direction I am sure all of you will be pleased and surprised with future products. As always, our no-vaporware policies deem that I can not give you a date, I can only tell you that we are going to be beginning beta testing on our new products in the next month / month and a half.

So far the outlook is promising for PB. If Jim will will get the marketing under control and earn real money.

John Spikowski

QuoteJohn, we have one. Lets say Gary has one. We'll loose nothing.

Thanks Theo! That is comforting news.

I think Jim has come to the realization that three strikes and your out. I hope they turn this around and hit a home run.