• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

New Compilers (CC 6; PBWin 10)

Started by Frederick J. Harris, January 08, 2011, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frederick J. Harris

Are these new versions going to cause you more work in updating the Win Api includes Jose?

José Roca

Of course, but I have them ready and up to date (Windows 7 SDk 7.1).

They allow to work with Unicode transparently.

Existing COM code will work if compiled with the previous headers, but must be changed to work with the new ones. Because of the lack of native unicode support in the previous compilers, we had to use workarounds such using ansi strings and UCODE$/ACODE$. The new headers use the new data types WSTRING and WSTRINGZ.

Daren Oliver

José,

I dont know if you will want to or are even allowed to answer this but can the compiler generate a unicode error log?

José Roca

John Thompson

Hi Daren,

Do you have a link to the IDE you use?  I searched Konstruct Code Editor, but couldn't find anything.  Looks neat.

Thanks!

-John

Daren Oliver

John,

It's my own personal editor based on the Scintilla edit control. I've thought about making it freeware to the PB community but wondered if there were enough 3rd party editors\designers out there already. It has a few small bugs that I tollerate (lazy!) because they don't really get in the way of writing code but I would want to fix them before giving it to anyone.

Give me a day or 2 to sort those few bugs and I'll send you a copy.

Aslan Babakhanov

Hi Daren,

Can you please send me a copy of your editor too?

Thanks!

Theo Gottwald

Daren, to me your Editor looks like the best that is actually availbale for PB.
I think it deserves more then just staying on your private Harddisk (beeing lost in case of a crash  ;D).

How did you design it (Did you use a Visual Designer or not?)?
Will you make it awvailable inkl. Source or as Final Executable?

Anyway I'll be interested to Beta-Test it.

Daren Oliver

Theo,

I few people are currently testing it as I've made a few changes to it recently but it's actually a few years old now and has been stable so far, for me at least. That said, I've only ever used it on XP so there could be a few nasties hiding in there somewhere.

It started life in the standard PB IDE but when it reached the stage where it could load and save projects, I used it to write itself.

I will be releasing the executable only as it has already evolved into other products that I charge money for.

I would be happy to release it in its beta state but I'm not sure where I would upload it. I would want to ask permission first before uploading it here as this is already the home of Josés SED and I wouldn't want to step on anyones toes!

Theo Gottwald

I can grant you the permission to upload it, here in the Forum under "Third Party".

[Remark]
I have checked the topic with Daren in private messages, as we are not going to see the source code.
He gave me his adress-data and i have also checked the executable using Virustotal.
This is not a sign of misstrust.
I do this with all executables that are beeing distributed from our sites as a sign of responsibility to our forum-members.

The program from Daren looks excellent and i have asked him to share it with our forum members, here in the "Third Party Forum".
It will be another pearl in list of excellent programs and listings we want to offer our PowerBasic community here.

I wonder i did not hear from you before Daren, as you seem to be an excellent programmer.
Anyway i hope you'll stay with us and we will hear more from you in the future!