• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

Do not loose the opportunity to say something about current PB situation

Started by Eros Olmi, July 31, 2007, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eros Olmi

thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

José Roca

I was one of the first to complain about the situation. There was a time where PB staff members like Lance, Tom and Börje posted actively. No longer. It has become the kingdom of MCM.

I know that is a peer to peer forum, but the PB staff should be more active answering beginner's questions, after all they are who promote the use of DDT. Advanced users mostly use SDK and aren't going to learn and use DDT just to help beginners.

The forum software must be updated. There is no way to find anything. There is a lot of code, but most of it no longer compiles because of changes in the API files and in the compilers. No problem for advanced users, since they know what have to change, but a nightmare for beginners that don't know what to do.

Theo Gottwald

Quotewhere PB staff members like Lance, Tom and Börje posted actively

As you know, Jose. They all dissapeared. No live-sign of them has been seen after that anymore.
I've told you what I could imagine the reason is. Maybe the current staff is more careful :-))?

Eros Olmi

thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Charles Pegge

Well there is a substantial population of alligators in Florida. But I hope my fears are unfounded.

The Cafe does have its good moments. The frusration is that many of the topics raised, be they religious or political cannot be resolved by technical means or pure reason, so tribal instincts take over and its verbal fisticuffs all round.

On the other hand I found Emil Menzel's topics very fruitful since they took us into philosophical and mathematical areas which were at the same time relevant to programming.

PS.
The only practical way to find things in PB forums is Google.

Kent Sarikaya

I am a new user and I hardly go there and what is funny is when I search for something, I do use google and have found useful posts that way.
I come here first and then search on google. I don't know when the last new news came from powerBasic or how often they do updates, but being in touch with customers is not vaporware. All stores advertise, reach out to existing and potential new customers, I never drive by a store and months on end don't see any change. They might change the banners, put balloons up, put up a tent for specials, just clever things to catch your notice that they are there.

It seems powerBasic is very quiet and can go silent running for many months on time. I don't think that is good at all if you are a business. If you are a secret covert agency that is what you would do for sure :)

Theo Gottwald

Quotecan go silent running for many months on time. I don't think that is good at all if you are a business. If you are a secret covert agency that is what you would do for sure

I really second that.

QuoteWell there is a substantial population of alligators in Florida. But I hope my fears are unfounded.

Hehe ...

QuoteCurrent staff is no staff.
I like the examples from Mr. Rosell (or Roswell - is the name a hint that he'll dissapear also? :-), when he makes some. Besides I think it took them quite a while to put the help online, make examples for beginners etc.