• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

News:

Attachments are only available to registered users.
Please register using your full, real name.

Main Menu

Thanks for Windows API Headers v.1.13

Started by Eros Olmi, April 30, 2009, 03:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eros Olmi

thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Guenter Fuessner

With all the added functionality we now got with these new headers, it feels like having a new PB compiler version 9.5x!
Thank you José

José Roca

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to demonstrate that SDK GUI programming can be made easy and you don't have to be "overwhelmed" by it. As soon as you hide the code to register the classes and the message pump, and provide an easy way to add and subclass controls, most of that "complexity" suddenly disappears. Add to this the availability of macros/functions that wrap all the messages and more.

Theo Gottwald

I think that many important parts are a bit hidden and should/could be eplained in a separate thread.

Example the newly added functionality "CWindows" which may help users to easily make GUI's.
Its explained "below Headers 1.13".

Once 1.15 is available nobody will ever find it/look at it anymore.

Saying this, I' would had been splitting the topic, if I' had been the Moderator of this sub-forum.

The CWindow-Class should get a separate Place where they get the publicity they deserve and need to get tested and developed.

Besides that also in the previous threads below the older API-Headers are also a lot of hidden goodies.

Its just like you put your lamp below a chair, Jose.

Problem then: some people may easily overlook the new possibilites.

PS: Eros, is that really YOU on that pic?
  Am I not more the only one showing his real face :-)?

Eros Olmi

Quote from: Theo Gottwald on May 14, 2009, 06:14:42 AM
PS: Eros, is that really YOU on that pic?
  Am I not more the only one showing his real face :-)?
Well, no. It is my dog  ;D

In thinBasic website almost all users show their face. Example: http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=2600.0
To me it creates a nice open atmosphere.
thinBasic Script Interpreter - www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community
Win7Pro 64bit - 8GB Ram - Intel i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Frederick J. Harris

Theo wrote

I think that many important parts are a bit hidden and should/could be eplained in a separate thread.

That is certainly an understatement Theo.  The amount of material Jose has produced is nothing short of staggering.  I don't know how one person could do it.  Could Jose possibly in actuality be a team?  I think a 500 page book could probably be written as an introduction to this material.  Jose's new Windows Class Library probably deserves another book!

Fred

José Roca

Each time I post something closely related with the include files in a separate thread, I receive personal messages asking where can be found <put the name>.inc. Most PBer's aren't still used to something so big and are looking for individual include files.

Regarding the CWindow class, there is nothing written in stone yet. Dominic found the idea intriguing and has been working in a more complete object model with several classes. More to come when he will finish his vacation.

Theo Gottwald

QuoteDominic found the idea intriguing and has been working in a more complete object model with several classes. More to come when he will finish his vacation.

Did we hear anything again from Dominic about this?