• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

C headers DYMO SDK

Started by Marc Van Cauwenberghe, January 09, 2010, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Van Cauwenberghe

Hello you all,
Happy New year.

I need to print labels using a DYMO (R) [LabelPoint 350].

There seems to be a SDK that makes this possible via a dll. I have tried to translate h headers in the past but this never worked. Is there someone you would be willing to give me a hand. The manual states:
QuoteCalling Conventions
All DLL calls use the standard windows calling conventions (_stdcall). Parameters are passed from right to left, and the called function is responsible for cleaning up the stack.
All functions that use string parameters use C-Style, null-terminated strings.
DLL Data Structures
Structures are given in both C and Pascal formats. These data structure definitions, as well as function prototypes and other useful type definitions, are defined in the lbltypes.h and lbltypes.pas files that are included as part of the SDK.

so I think it is non com dll

There are only a few functions.

I could send the manual to anyone who wants to try.

Thanks for any reply.

Marc

José Roca

If it is not allowed to post the headers, post at least the C/C++ prototype of one of the functions you're having problems and your attempt to translate it. This way we could see if you're doing something wrong.

Marc Van Cauwenberghe

Sorry about that José.
I forgot to include them. The SDK is freely downloadeble at there site. I included the SKD manual.
The declares and functions are exlained from page 80.
I have one question. I alway get confused when one uses the term dll. I like to use standalone plain oldfashion dll. The ones where you just dump the dll in the right place and the program works. It appears that this is not the case here?

Thanks,
Marc

José Roca

Judging by the documentation, it has both standard functions and COM interfaces.

I'm sending my translation of the functions to you by mail because this is a commercial product and I don't have permission to post it.

I assume that you're using PBWIN 9 or PBCC 5.

Marc Van Cauwenberghe

Thank very you José.
I am looking into it now.

Very best regards,
Marc