• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

Keep this forum alive.

Started by Patrice Terrier, January 14, 2012, 09:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

José Roca

It is working fine for me so far using FireFox 7.0.1.

Patrice Terrier

Jim

I also have randomly the same kind of problem when clicking on a link to this forum.

For example this morning, when i get via my e-mail the notification link to your message, i couldn't get in from my Windows Live mail.

However closing Internet explorer, and waiting a few seconds, then using the link from my favorite page i could open the main forum page almost instantaneously.

Then moving to your post, i could see it, but again i had to wait almost 10 seconds after clicking on the thumbnail image to see it maximized.

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Theo Gottwald

I have checked the forum up and down from here.

Other users like Peter Weiss and Jose also report that the problems are gone.

Here I have always instant perfect loading times.

My impression is that the SMF Forum in the new SMF version (afeter the update)  needs a little bit more computing power on the client side.
And needs more script-resources on the server side.

But actually  it works. And i do not see any problems or even latencies on the server side from here.

Of course i want anybody to report problems with the forum to Jose or me.

While, before doing so, try a traceroute and check if you may have other problems in your network.
Or if you have script blocking Anti-Virus programs (that can also slow things down).

Frederick J. Harris

Right now (I'd been away a day or two) it seems to be working about as good as it ever did Theo.  Whatever you've been tweaking seems to have helped. 

So, everything new seems to need a little more memory and computing power, Eh?  I think I've run into that before! :)

Theo Gottwald

I have also opened a new Post, "Performance Monitoring". Anybody who has further problems can post his experiences there,
It must be possible to host small forum with 1&1, also. I had to explain that to the customer service lately.
And i told them, if it doesn't work it may have consequences. Let's see if it will hold.
I believe that these hosters always try to put as many people as posssible on one server to save costs..

Fredrick Ughimi

Used Google Chrome and IE8. Loads fast enough.

Patrice Terrier

I still have very long delay to access this forum, and to navigate from one section to another using the links.

This occure randomly, and most of the time when loading something that is not already in the cache, and the symptoms are the same whatever the browser being used.

I really want to keep this forum alive, as i couldn't see how the José's Corner on the PowerBASIC forum could replace this board (except for a convenient repository of his excellent PowerBASIC headers).

Patrice Terrier

José Roca

I don't plan to close anything. I just want to see if I find a way that DDT'ers could use my headers without conflicts with his exisiting PB 10 code.

Theo Gottwald

I also had a bit longer reaction times today. Jose told me that there are ongoing hacking attempts.
At this time i have no reason to assume that these were successfull.
But due to a larger number of traffic by these hackers, the performance may be a bit slower the normal.

Until now we are just watching and hoping the thing will run dead from itself.
If it doesn't we'll think of more things that can be done.

Patrice Terrier

It is working well again by me...  ???
Patrice Terrier