• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

Hello!

Started by Bernard Ertl, May 20, 2007, 02:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernard Ertl

Nice board you have here guys.  :)

Chuck Hicks

Hey, Jose.  Nice of you to provide this board.

I haven't used PB much for a while, but still poke around in it when I need a Quick 'n Dirty app. 

Primarily program in Java these days.  I play around the iText PDF library for fun and relaxation, compiling it to native DLL/EXE with gcc.  Here's my site if anyone's interested:

http://www.esnips.com/web/PDFTools

José Roca

You are welcome, Bernard.

Nice to hear from you again, Chuck. We need an expert in PDF here.

Here you can find the translations of the headers and examples of the open source libharu library. Only a few functions that return an structure doesn't work. I have send an email to the author of the library requesting to add additional functions that allow to pass the structure by reference, but he has not replied.

I have solved the repainting problems that I had when hosting the Acrobat Reader using ATL.DLL. Now I host the WebBrowser control, either using ATL.DLL or my own OLE container written with PB, and load the PDF using the Navigate2 method. Then I retrieve a reference to the IHtmlDocument interface calling the Document property, and a reference to the IAcroAXDocShim interface calling the QueryInterface method. Once you get the reference to IAcroAXDocShim, you can call its methods and properties.

Using the same technique, I also have been able to host MSWORD and EXCEL. The WebBrowser control is an excellent container for these kind of documents.

David J Walker

Yet another excuse to waste time playing on the Internet when I should be programming or something!

Thanks, Jose!

Marco Pontello

Hi!

Thanks for providing this forum! :)

Bye!