• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

Windows API Headers III v.1.05

Started by José Roca, October 18, 2013, 12:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.G. Huang

Paul Squires

Hi José,

The help file ("WinApiHeaders.chm") for ListBox_ReplaceString is missing the second parameter "index".

Thanks - Paul
Paul Squires
FireFly Visual Designer SQLitening Database System JellyFish Pro Editor
http://www.planetsquires.com

Paul Squires

Hi José,

I am currently converting FireFly Visual Designer to become fully unicode enabled. As such, I am leveraging the use of your functions in your various Include files. You have certainly saved me an enormous amount of work when dealing with functions in both unicode and non-unicode versions.

I do have a question regarding your AfxSetWindowText function.

' ========================================================================================
' Changes the text of a window.
' Note: SetWindowText cannot change the text of a control in another application.
' ========================================================================================
FUNCTION AfxSetWindowText (BYVAL hwnd AS DWORD, BYVAL bstrText AS WSTRING) AS LONG
   FUNCTION = SendMessage(hwnd, %WM_SETTEXT, 0, STRPTR(bstrText))
END FUNCTION

I believe that it only works when Unicode is enabled. It accepts a WSTRING for the text but uses SENDMESSAGE. If Unicode is not defined then SENDMESSAGE will be SENDMESSAGEA which causes the WSTRING text to be truncated at the second position (the nul in the two byte unicode character). I assume that I am correct in saying that (in the absence of separate unicode/nonunicode versions) that you should using SENDMESSAGEW in the function.

' Note: SetWindowText cannot change the text of a control in another application.
FUNCTION AfxSetWindowText (BYVAL hwnd AS DWORD, BYVAL bstrText AS WSTRING) AS LONG
   FUNCTION = SendMessageW(hwnd, %WM_SETTEXT, 0, STRPTR(bstrText))
END FUNCTION

Hope I am clear in my explanation  :)

Paul Squires
FireFly Visual Designer SQLitening Database System JellyFish Pro Editor
http://www.planetsquires.com

José Roca

Must have missed it because there are not separate WM_SETTEXTA and WM_SETTEXTW messages, but only WM_SETTEXT.

I have modified the function in AfxWin.inc as follows:

FUNCTION AfxSetWindowTextA (BYVAL hwnd AS DWORD, BYVAL strText AS STRING) AS LONG
   FUNCTION = SendMessageA(hwnd, %WM_SETTEXT, 0, STRPTR(strText))
END FUNCTION
FUNCTION AfxSetWindowTextW (BYVAL hwnd AS DWORD, BYVAL bstrText AS WSTRING) AS LONG
   FUNCTION = SendMessageW(hwnd, %WM_SETTEXT, 0, STRPTR(bstrText))
END FUNCTION

#IF %DEF(%UNICODE)
   MACRO AfxSetWindowText = AfxSetWindowTextW
#ELSE
   MACRO AfxSetWindowText = AfxSetWindowTextA
#ENDIF

Holger Taschenberger

typo in Shlwapi.inc:

DECLARE FUNCTION UrlEscapeW IMPORT "SHLWAPI.DLL" ALIAS "UrlescapeW" ( _
) AS LONG

should be:

DECLARE FUNCTION UrlEscapeW IMPORT "SHLWAPI.DLL" ALIAS "UrlEscapeW" ( _
) AS LONG