• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

Who is using VISTA here?

Started by Patrice Terrier, November 14, 2007, 11:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrice Terrier

Davide,

VISTA Home Basic is not able to work in DWM composited mode, and it can't run the latest DirectX version.
Thus the result with BassBox could be unpredictable (however it should detect that the DWM mode is OFF).
If you encounter problems, then let me know and i will fix them.

QuoteI don't agree with the question "Are you all hobbyist programmers?" 
For me an hobbyist programmer has a regular work that is not programming,
while a business programmer earn his living doing programming.
As you can see no offense there, but when you are doing programming for others, and especialy when dealing with the end user mass market, then you can't ignore VISTA.
That is my point  :)
Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Davide Vecchi

Patrice, I installed BassBox and it seems to run just fine. Very cool program also ! Definitely my new default audio player...

The tooltips for Blur and Crystal radio buttons seem swapped.
BTW, switching to either blur mode or crystal mode, the background just becomes a bit darker; I don't know if it's the expected effect or it's due to the Vista Home Basic limitations (I can post screenshots if that's of interest to you). Note that I keep disabled all the eyes candy I can, using the Windows classic theme (not sure this is the right terminology).

I'll keep using it on Vista Home Basic and I'll let you know if I encounter some issue.

Patrice Terrier

QuoteThe tooltips for Blur and Crystal radio buttons seem swapped
Good catch thank you.

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com

Charles Pegge

Patrice,
Thanks for the warning about the nobbled home edition of Vista which can't do the full DirectX. Tut tut!  I think I will be a very late comer to Vista. I Fear that having lost the monopoly case in the European courts concerned with restricting information , Microsofts tactic will now be to flood us with so many APIs - that once enmeshed, there is no escape! Vendor Lock-in by means of complexity.