• Welcome to Theos PowerBasic Museum 2017.

MS ActiveX controls used with the ActiveX Hosting Control availability??

Started by James C. Fuller, December 18, 2008, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James C. Fuller

José,
  Where does one find the MS ActiveX controls you are using in your latest examples. What software needs to be installed? Are the controls legally available without a complete package install?

James

José Roca

Microsoft ActiveX controls ships with Visual Studio 6.0, so you must have a Visual Studio 6.0 license to redistribute them.

They are old, although still useful, and I have used them in the examples mainly because there are many PBer's that have it.

James C. Fuller

Ok. Thanks José. My last MS Visual purchase was VB 5. I do have 2008 Express (VB,C++,C#) but it appears these are all .net focused.
I do believe some of them came with VB 5 but I doubt I'll install it again just to see.
James

Frederick J. Harris

I have VB 5 Pro I bought myself, and later came into posession of Visual Studio Enterprise 6 from my employer.  If I reacall though, many of the *.ocx's were in various subfolders of the install directories on the CD, and perhaps might be installed by themselves with Regsvr32.  I seem to vaguely remember doing that with some VB4 or VB5 CDs.  Many of the OCX's have about a half dozen or so files associated with them though.